The Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Tour de Force
In 1977, George Lucas brought Star Wars to the big screen--and made cinema history. Now, more than twenty years later, the visionary writer-director, his brilliant crew of special-effects wizards, and an exciting cast of talented stars have united to make the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated Episode I of the Star Wars epic.
Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is your exclusive entrée backstage where the wonders of the newest chapter in the Star Wars saga are brought to life, including
- A series of exclusive interviews with George Lucas as he discusses the genesis of the Star Wars story, from themes to scenes to dialogue
- The development of such classic characters as young Jedi student Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-D2--plus intriguing newcomers Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- The creation of new state-of-the-art creatures and special effects by the legendary Industrial Light & Magic team
- Pre-production: from storyboarding, set-building, and model-making to costume design and the casting of pivotal roles
- Post-production: Including editing, scoring, and combining computer generated effects with live-action footage
- Shooting in England, Italy, and Tunisia, with stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman
- Hundreds of drawings and photographs
Witness all the movie-making magic behind the sensational Star Wars saga's newest episode!
All copies are used but guaranteed in good condition.
|Publisher||LucasBooks; 1st edition (May 10, 1999)|
|Item Weight||1.55 pounds|
|Dimensions||8.5 x 0.4 x 11 inches|