Horror has the magic to captivate…and enthrall.It hooks you with unnerving fiction stories of dread and evil, pushes your limits and pokes every phobia. People love to be scared but behind every dark mythology and muffled scream is something deeper and even more fascinating.
In Screaming for Pleasure, S.A. Bradley takes you on a wild journey exploring horror beyond Halloween, where you’ll discover what is so tantalizing about terror, including:
- Rare insights about some of the greatest classic and modern horror heroes of all time, like movie directors David Cronenberg, Guillermo Del Toro and John Carpenter, culled from hundreds of interviews.
- An in-depth look at the most impactful horror movies by female directors, plus a list of over 15 women directors you should be watching now.
- The most terrifying and shocking moments in Hollywood horror film history with detailed breakdowns of over 100 films.
- The psychology of fear to help you uncover what may be lurking within yourself.
- Why the art forms of fright keep you happy, healthy, and more connected to others.
Screaming for Pleasure thrills you with the diversity, beauty, and depth of the horror genre, dissecting films, literature and music that reveals how horror constantly reinvents itself and reflects the anxieties of each generation through spine-chilling tales of terror.
Whether you’re frightened to watch scary movies alone or a horror obsessive, Screaming for Pleasure is the entertaining guide to help cinephiles of all types fall in love with horror again.
- Publisher : Coal Cracker Press (November 26, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0692193359
- ISBN-13 : 978-0692193358
- Item Weight : 13.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.65 x 9 inches