Far more than an AÂZ guide to the artists and bands who have shaped jazz, this invaluable resource also tracks the history of jazz and its changing styles and terminology. Whether readers want to know why Louis Armstrong was called Satchmo, what bebop is, or the difference between Gil Evans and Bill EvansÂthis wonderfully accessible book has all the answers.
* Contains sixty pages of photos
* Includes more than 2,000 entries on jazz artists and bands
* Provides clear definitions of key terms such as swing and fusion
- Publisher : Penguin Books; 1st edition (September 26, 2006)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 704 pages
- Reading age : 18 years and up
- Item Weight : 2.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.98 x 1.57 x 9.2 inches
This copy is used but in good condition, save for some lines on the spine.